Dr. Aasman is a frequent speaker within the Semantic technology industry and has authored multiple research papers, bylines and is one of 15 CEOs interviewed in a new book, “Startup Best Practices.”
Dr. Aasman spent a large part of his professional life in telecommunications research, specializing in applied Artificial Intelligence projects and intelligent user interfaces. He gathered patents in the areas of speech technology, multimodal user interaction, recommendation engines while developing precursor technology for the iPad and Siri from 1995 to 2004. He was also a part-time professor in the Industrial Design department of the Technical University of Delft.
Before joining Franz Inc. in 2004, Dr. Aasman’s experience included the following:
- KPN Research, the research lab of the major Dutch telecommunication company.
- Tenured Professor in Industrial Design at the Technical University of Delft. Title of the chair: Informational Ergonomics of Telematics and Intelligent Products.
- Carnegie Mellon University. Visiting Scientist at the Computer Science Department of Prof. Dr. Allan Newell.
- Researcher at the Traffic Research Center of the University of Groningen (The Netherlands).
- Experimental and cognitive psychology at the University of Groningen, specialization: Psychophysiology, Cognitive Psychology.
- Information Management: Why Data Lakes Require Semantics http://www.information-management.com/news/data-management/Data-Lakes-Semantics-10027056-1.html
- HealthIT Outcomes: Semantic Graph Analytics can Propel the Advent
of Personalized Medicine http://www.healthitoutcomes.com/doc/semantic-graph-analytics-can-propel-the-advent-of-personalized-medicine-0001
- Information Management: How Semantic Graph Techniques Ease Data
- Dataversity: Enhancing Hadoop for GeoTemporal Graph Analytics http://nosql2014.dataversity.net/sessionPop.cfm?confid=81&proposalid=6447
- Database Trends and Applications: NoSQL Option: Triplestore Databases
- Data Informed: Use Semantics to Keep Your Data Lake Clear
- DB-Engines: Master Data Management Remains Siloed Without Semantics
- Smart Data Conference: Healthcare Analytics with a Smart Data Lake
- NoSQL Now Conference: Spark and SPARQL for the Intelligent Data Lake
- International Semantic Web Conference: Interactive Fraud Detection at the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration
- Text Analytics World: Real-Time Monitoring for Corporate Risk Mitigation
- NoSQL Now Conference: Enhancing Hadoop for GeoTemporal Graph Analytics
- PACE Tech Talk: Intro to Graph Analytics using Gruff: a Visual Discovery Tool
- Communication system employing a personal assistant server and a personal assistant terminal
US 7397912 B2
- Method for creating a scalable graph database
US 7890518 B2
- Method for creating a scalable graph database using coordinate data elements
US 8244772 B2
- Method and device for information selection
EP 1322095 A2
- Method, system and agent for transmitting information over a communication network
WO 2003055168 A3
- Method and system for finding the position of mobile terminals
WO 2001028272 A1
- Communication system br>
WO 2001086928 A1
- User terminal br>
WO 1999060466 A1
- Method of and a system for creating a button type bookmark in a web browser
US 20030135820 A