“USI Answers is a natural language question answering system for semi-structured industry data. The application is in use by more than 1500 users from Siemens Energy.” – Dan Tecuci
- USI Answers – Ulli Waltinger, Dan Tecuci, Mihaela Olteanu, Vlad Mocanu, and Sean Sullivan.
“AllegroGraph figures preeminently in the Methods section (of the white paper, A self-updating road map of The Cancer Genome Atlas) with its own paragraph. We did try several triple stores and AG’s combination of performance and webApp friendliness really came out on top.” – Jonas Almeida, Univ of Alabama Birmingham – Medical Center
- A self-updating road map of The Cancer Genome Atlas – David E. Robbins, Alexander Gruneberg, Helena F. Deus, Murat M. Tanik and Jonas S. Almeida
White Papers on Database Technology
- Information Management article – The Unparalleled Utility of Graph Databases
- CIOReview articles “20 Most Promising Database Technology Solution Providers 2015”(.pdf), and “Franz Inc.: Making Complex Data Meaningful with Semantic Graph Analysis”
- How Semantics Can Take Graph Databases to New Levels – published in Big Data Quarterly
- Unification of Geospatial Reasoning, Temporal Logic, & Social Network Analysis in a Semantic Web 3.0 Database – An AllegroGraph White Paper by Jans Aasman
- Event Processing using an RDF Database – Jans Aasman
- RDF Browser for Data Discovery and Visual Query Building – Presented at the Visual Interfaces to the Social and Semantic Web (VISSW 2011) by Ken Cheetham and Jans Aasman
- Efficient 3D and 4D Geospatial Indexing in RDF Stores with a Focus on Moving Objects – by Steve Haflich and Jans Aasman
- The RacerPro Knowledge Representation and Reasoning System – Published in the Semantic Web Journal, by Volker Haarslev, Kay Hidde, Ralf Moeller, and Michael Wessel
- Optimizing real-time RDF data streams – Joshua Shinavier, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Efficient Conjunctive Queries over Semi-Expressive Ontologies Used on Triple Stores – Master’s Thesis Submitted by Christian Neuenstadt, Supervised by Prof. Möller and Prof. Zimmermann, TU Hamburg-Harburg in September 2012
- Enhance Entity Extraction Using an RDF Store – Luca Scagliarini, Expert System and Jans Aasman, Franz Inc. – June 2011
- AllegroGraph RDF – Triplestore Evaluation – Joint Study with Adobe Advanced Technology Labs – July 9, 2009
- GeoTemporal Reasoning for the Social Semantic Web – Presented at the Asian Semantic Web Conference, (ASWC 2009)- Jans Aasman, Franz Inc.
Industry White Papers
- Oxford Journals – Briefing in Bioinformatics – How the strengths of Lisp-family languages facilitate building complex and flexible bioinformatics applications
- Curating A Semantic Bibliographic Catalog
- Health IT Outcomes article – Semantic Graph Analytics Can Propel The Advent of ‘Personalized Medicine’
- Information Management article – Why Data Lakes Require Semantics
- KaBOB: ontology-based semantic integration of biomedical databases
- Datanami article – Multi-Dimensional Graph Data Opens the Door to New Applications
- Datanami article – Hadoop, Triple Stores, and the Semantic Data Lake
- Processing Events in Probabilistic Risk Assessment Haystax presentation at the Intelligence, Defense and Security Conference
- USI Answers: Natural Language Question Answering Over (Semi-) Structured Industry Data – Siemens Energy Deploys United Service Intelligence System on Franz’s AllegroGraph for Actionable Insight in the Energy Service Domain.
- Linked Open Data – The Essentials – The online version of the book from the Linked Open Data Pilot.
- Semantic Real Time Intelligent Decision Automation – A Position Paper by Bill Guinn and Jans Aasman presented at the Semantic Technologies for Intelligence, Defense, and Security Conference (STIDS 2010)
- Contributions to a Semantically Based Intelligence Analysis Enterprise Workflow System – Presented by Robert C. Schrag, Jon Pastor, Chris Long, Eric Peterson, Mark Cornwell, Lance A. Forbes, and Stephen Cannon at the Ontology for the Intelligence Community conference (OIC 2009)
- Operational Assessment Support Information System (OASIS) – Glenn D. House Sr., 2Is Inc., and Charles A. Cox, Franz Inc.
- Best-practice time point ontology for event calculus-based temporal reasoning – Robert C. Schrag, Digital Sandbox, Inc.
- Constellation – A Prototype ISO/IEC 11179 Metadata Registry – Gramm Richardson, U.S. Department of Defense and Elli Schwarz, SRA International
- Developing an Ontology of the Cyber Security Domain – Leo Obrst, Penny Chase, and Richard Markeloff – The MITRE Corporation
- Exploiting inference to improve temporal RDF annotations and queries for machine reading – Robert C. Schrag, Digital Sandbox, Inc.
- Entity Disambiguation Using Semantic Networks – Kevin J. Hulin, Department of Computer Science, University of Texas at Dallas – Linn M. Collins, James E. Powell and Jorge H. Roman, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- The DARPA Machine Reading Program – Encouraging Linguistic and Reasoning Research with a Series of Reading Tasks – Stephanie Strassel, Heather Simpson, and Jonathan Wright from the Linguistic Data Consortium, Dan Adams of Scitor Corporation, Henry Goldberg, Jonathan Herr and Ron Keesing of SAIC, Daniel Oblinger of DARPA, and Robert Schrag of Global InfoTek, Inc.
- Introducing Layers of Abstraction to Semantic Web Programming – Presented at SWWS’11 – The 2011 International Conference on Semantic Web and Web Services, Bernhard G. Humm and Alexey Korobov – Hochschule Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences
- Matching Songs to Events in Image Collections – Presented at the 2009 IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing – Mark D. Wood, Eastman Kodak Company
- Exploiting Semantics for Personalized Story Creation – Presented at the The 2008 IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing – Mark D. Wood, Eastman Kodak Company
- A Mechanism for the Representation of Versions in Linked Administrative Geographic Data – Alex Lohfink and Duncan McPhee, University of Glamorgan
- Semantic Enrichment and Fusion Of Multi-Intelligence Data – By Dr. Richard D. Hull, Don Jenkins and Alan McCutchen – Modus Operandi, Inc.
- Large-Scale Knowledge Sharing for NASA Exploration Systems – Sidney C. Bailin of Knowledge Evolution, Inc., Ralph Hodgson of TopQuadrant, Inc., and Paul J. Keller of NASA/Ames Research Center
- Towards Sharing Source Code Facts Using Linked Data – Iman Keivanloo, Christopher Forbes and Juergen Rilling – Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering Concordia University and Philippe Charland – System of Systems Section Defence R&D Canada – Valcartier
- The CIOҳ Guide to Semantics – Dave McComb, President of Semantic Arts, Inc.
- Real-time #SemanticWeb in <= 140 chars – Joshua Shinavier, Tetherless World Constellation – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Industry Publications and Reports
- New Book “Linked Open Data”, Jans Aasman contributed the chapter on “How to use AllegroGraph to work with Linked Open Data”
- Information Management: Will Triple Stores Replace Relational Databases? – April, 2011
- Database Trends and Applications: The Cloudy Prognosis for Data Security in Virtual Enterprises – Triplestores: A NoSQL Option– March 2011
- Database Trends and Applcations: NoSQL Option: Triplestore Databases – March 2011
- Gilbane Group: Semantic Software Technologies: Landscape of High Value Applications for the Enterprise – August 2010
- genomeweb.com: Pfizer Partners with IO, Franz on Semantic Proof of Concept to Build Bridges Between Data Resources – March 2010
- Cutter IT Journal: The Rise of the Semantic Enterprise – September 2009
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Technology Forecast: Articles and Interviews on Semantic Technologies – Spring 2009
- Peering: Embracing Web 3.0 Ora Lassila and James Hendler – June, 2007
- Note: Registration Required 2015 Smart Data Conference presentation – “Healthcare Analytics with a Smart Data Lake”
- Constellation Metadata Registry – Gramm Richardson, U.S. Department of Defense and Elli Schwarz, SRA International STIDS Conference October 24, 2012
- Practical Lessons in Developing an Enterprise-Wide Semantic Application – Craig Hanson, Amdocs – SemTech 2012
- Graph Databases and the Future of Large-Scale Knowledge Management – Marko A. Rodriguez, T-5, Center for Nonlinear Studies, Los Alamos National Laboratory – April, 2009
- AllegroGraph Learning Center
- Gruff Learning Center
- A Semantic Web Language Primer – Dr. A. Joseph Rockmore, Cyladian Technology Consulting
- Semantic University – Cambridge Semantics
- Euclid Project – EdUcational Curriculum for the usage of LInked Data
- Hasso Plattner Institut – Dr. Harald Sack, Semantic Web Technologies
- “Practical Semantic Web and Linked Data Applications” – Java, JRuby, Scala, and Clojure Edition Mark Watson
- “Practical Semantic Web and Linked Data Applications” – Common Lisp Edition Mark Watson
Product Data Sheets